Central Plains RecPlex General Rules
- Only holders of valid Central Plains RecPlex memberships or those who have paid the applicable rental or drop-in fees may use the RecPlex facilities.
- An access card must be used at all times to enter the front gate as well as the climbing wall gate. These gates are not permitted to be bypassed in any way.
- No one is to bring guests or any non-member into the facility at any time. You will be held liable for any/all legal and/or financial consequences.
- The Central Plains RecPlex has the right to schedule any, or all of the facilities for special events, programs, or activities. Advance notice will be posted.
- All activity areas will close 10 minutes before the building closes. At this time, all activities must cease and participants wishing to shower and/or change clothes must proceed to the change rooms to do so and exit the RecPlex before closing time.
- Eligible patrons 16 years of age and older have unrestricted use of all recreation centre facilities and equipment and need not be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Patrons 14-15 years of age have unrestricted use of the gymnasium and cardio equipment, but a parent/guardian must remain in the facility.
- Patrons between the ages of 14-15 may use the weight area only with direct parent/legal guardian supervision. Parent and child must be side-by-side in the Centre in order to fulfill the condition of “direct” supervision. Merely being in the same room does not constitute direct supervision.
- Children 13 years and under are not permitted in the fitness area even under direct supervision.
- Children 13 and under are not to be left unattended in the RecPlex, and all group activities within the centre must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- There is no minimum age for use of the climbing wall and the walking track, however, in the climbing pit a parent/legal guardian must remain with any children 16 and under at all times.
- Members of organizations which have rented an area within the RecPlex are asked to remain within that area with reasonable access to the restrooms.
- Central Plains RecPlex may require that first aid services are made available during a tournament or other group event. The user will be responsible for the provision of those services by qualified personnel.
- The Central Plains RecPlex is not responsible for lost or stolen property. Please lock any personal items of value in a safe place.
- Lockers are freely provided for daily use; please ask the front desk staff for a key.
- Personal belongings left in daily use lockers will be removed at the end of each day.
- Please enjoy your food and beverages outside of the RecPlex unless purchased from Brews + Bites. Only bottled water is permitted in the fitness area and climbing pit.
- No eating or drinking of any kind allowed in the gymnasium.
- Please help keep the facility clean by throwing away trash in proper receptacles.
- Spitting on the floors or walls will result in immediate suspension of privileges.
- The use of vulgar language is inappropriate and inconsiderate. Please refrain from the use of vulgarities during your conversations and on your clothing. Offensive language, inappropriate clothing or violent behaviour will result in immediate suspension of privileges.
- Members causing damage to facilities or equipment will forfeit their membership rights. Offenders will be billed for the repairs.
- Proper athletic/fitness footwear must be worn. Bare feet, sandals, work boots, or street shoes are not allowed.
- Appropriate clothing is required in all areas of the fitness centre, except in locker areas.
- All injuries, no matter how minor, must be reported to RecPlex attendant on duty. If necessary, the RecPlex staff will call for medical assistance, or if other persons are involved in treatment, staff involvement will be limited to crowd control or ensuring that the appropriate medical personnel have been contacted.
- The Central Plains RecPlex is not responsible for injuries arising from failure to observe these and other posted rules and regulation, or from the use or misuse of RecPlex facilities.
- Do not remove any equipment, magazines, fixtures, or anything else from Central Plains RecPlex that does not belong to you.
- Central Plains RecPlex is monitored for the safety and protection of the facility and its members.
- Please be aware of your surroundings and take caution when exercising during unmanned hours. Lock cars and call 911 in case of an emergency.
- Please limit yourself to 30 minutes on all cardiovascular equipment.
- Equipment is available on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Please wipe off controls, seats, and railings of equipment when you are finished with your workout. Please do not spray cleaning fluid directly on the equipment.
STRENGTH TRAINING EQUIPMENT
- Please replace all dumbbells and plates on the appropriate racks/weight trees when you have finished using them.
- The use of chalk is not permitted in the weight room.
- Please do not drop the weights on the floor with the exception of the deadlift area. If they are too heavy to lower safely, use a spotter to assist you.
CLIMBING WALL EQUIPMENT
- Climbing equipment, including harnesses and shoes, is provided by the RecPlex. Use of your own climbing equipment is permitted as long as it is good condition.
- Equipment use is only permitted for anyone that has gone through proper orientation of the climbing wall and equipment.
- Belay devices are available at the front desk.
- Return climbing equipment in the same spot and condition you borrowed it from.
- The use of loose chalk is permitted in The Pit, however, if you make a mess you are expected to clean up after yourself.
ACCESS TO THE CENTRAL PLAINS RECPLEX FACILITIES IS DEPENDANT UPON COMPLIANCE WITH THESE AND ANY OTHER RULES ESTABLISHED TO PROTECT THE PARTICIPANTS AND THE PREMISES. REC STAFF RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE ANY PERSON(S) FROM THE PREMISES FOR THE BREACHING OF ANY RULES, WITHOUT REFUND.